- Permanent full time opportunity, based from our Burwood and Central station offices.
- Manage maintenance of a significant portfolio of station assets
- Opportunity for a natural people leader to lead a team of Facilities Maintenance Coordinator.
Sydney Trains keeps Sydney moving by delivering safe, customer focused, effective and efficient rail services which exceed our customer’s expectations. Since 2013, Sydney Trains has put the customer at the centre of everything we do, and now we are gearing up to support record-breaking growth in demand for our services.
Facilities Maintenance is responsible for routine and major periodic maintenance of customer facing infrastructure assets including but not limited to our 371 railway stations and associated buildings.
Right now, we have an opportunity for a manager with a background in facilities maintenance to join us in the Facilities Maintenance division of Sydney Trains. This position is responsible for the management of preventative and corrective maintenance works across a range of operational and non-operational retail property assests in the station environment (Eg. Retail, carparks etc.).
What you will be involved in:
- Day-to-day management of oneFacilities Maintenance Coordinators who report directly to you along with their ongoing coaching, mentoring and development.
- Develop and implement proactive maintenance schedules and technical maintenance plans
- Manage service providers and the delivery of maintenance works to ensure compliance with contract KPIs, Budget and Service Level Agreements of commercial lease contracts
You are an experienced facilities manager with experience or formal trade qualifications in a building related discipline or relevant experience (eg. Carpentry, refrigeration maintenance, airconditioning technician). You will demonstrate well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with a large and complex network of staff and customers.
As natural people leader and strong communicator, you will proactively connect with various stakeholders and mentor your team to ensure that we deliver maintenance services effectively in an operational station environment.
Current Driver’s License essential.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
Joining Sydney Trains, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Don’t miss out! Apply today to register your interest by submitting your resume and coverletter which ) which addresses:
1) Your leadership skills and experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams, and
2) Your most significant and relevant achievement in managing maintenance activities similar to this role requirements.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Sydney Trains, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Salary and benefits
The salary for this position ius RC 7 ($139,374 - $153,345) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
Sydney Trains offers its employees challenging and rewarding work with opportunities for career progression, learning and development and work-life balance. Other benefits include:
- Free travel on Government trains, buses and ferries
For more information on how to apply for a role in the NSW Public Sector please click here.
For any enquiries, please contact Kate Thorburn on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11.59 PM Wednesday 25th December 2019