Project Financial Controller-TGFI-AUPT01995409
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Project Financial Controller in Perth, WA.
About the Role:
This person will act as co-pilot to the project manager to ensure focus on the achievement of the financial goals of the project. Provides all required financial information about the project. Support Project Management, control the monthly margin realization, monitor & support the EAC change process, support project planning, and ensure that Bombardier accounting guidelines are respected.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that project calculations reflect current status of project, TAC approved and proposed in Global FORE, preparing EAC change requests.
- Input and updating of project calculation in Global FORE and local system (ERP)
- Working out and updating Budget and Forecast figures of the project in Global FORE
- Review and Analysis of Estimated-at-completion calculation of the project for Budget, Forecast and Actual in Global FORE and local system
- Review and Analysis of variances between Budget, Forecast and Actual figures and comment on them in monthly Reporting – especially Sales POC, Margin and Free Cash flow, Risk &Opportunities and Contingencies
- Review and Analysis of contract related Balance sheet items with the target of minimization of Net Utilized Assets (Inventory level, Advance Payments, Accounts Receivables, etc)
- Make financial situation transparent to the Core Team
- Prepare and present current status and alternative scenarios. Track project related savings activities
- Lead Core Team members in meeting or improving their targets
- Challenge the project teams to assure a successful project execution.
- Prepare and update monthly reports and presentation in project review meetings
- Contribute in Risk & Opportunities discussion and following up on action plans
Accounting Specific responsibilities
- Responsible for customs and customer invoicing, VAT, Receivables and payment control
- Cash-Flow Management (i.e. input of project figures in Cash Planner) , Hedging activities in cooperation with Treasury (if necessary) (FX Planner)
- Determine dispatch instructions, working out, procuring, distributing dispatch documents and if necessary customs documents (including their legalization, if necessary); ensure all relevant shipment activities (Bill of lading, airway bills, packing list, customs invoices, etc.)
- Control of Warranty Provisions to the end of the project, Insurance cases (freight, maintenance, third party, etc.)
- Require and control securities by the customer (letter of credit, bank guarantees)
- Coordinate commercial affairs of internal partners, i.e. check of inter-company Sales and Purchases (interco matching)
- Provide input parameters for Bid Approval Process and support Blue Book tender activities for variation orders
- Plan personnel in cooperation with Core Team and HR Business Partner, considering project target costs
- Control of cost, direct hours and man/hour writing
- Procurement / Engineering: Quantify impact of change orders (profitability calculation), assess impact on the different cost items in the calculation, (i.e. Bill of material and Engineering hours)
Specific responsibilities to other Project Core Team members
- Keep Project Manager continuously updated on financial situation of project and upcoming risks & opportunities
- Support Risk & Opportunities Manager & Project Manager by quantifying/assessing project-related exposures/opportunities on an ongoing basis and follow up on the action plans
- Build and maintain successful cross functional relationships
- Support Project Manager and/or Claim Manager in commercial negotiations and preparation of claims
- Accounting qualification is required.
- 5 to 10 years in a Management Accountant or Project Financial Controller role is required
- Superior verbal/written communications skills for effective interfacing across different disciplines.
- Experience in finance and reporting on long term, large scale projects of a technical nature
- Extensive experience in interacting with multiple stakeholders in a multi discipline large scale project, including non-BT personnel and project partners
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Controller / Comptroller
Primary Location: AU-WA-Perth
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 20.08.2019, 3:35:33 AM
19.09.2019, 11:59:00 PM