Operator Track Worker
DOWNER EDI LIMITED
Operator Track Worker
Apply nowJob ID:
Full Time - Permanent
Engineering (All disciplines), Maintenance
Who we are
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private provider of multi-modal public transport. We are the largest light rail operator in Australia and one of the nation's most significant bus operators. Keolis Downer provides services to more then 210 million people each year.
Keolis Downer is the largest private provider of multimodal public transport in Australia, New Zealand and the southern hemisphere with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Passenger Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
The Track Worker is responsible for coordinating and performing maintenance and construction works using specialist light and heavy plane and equipment. Your role is to ensure the network is maintained to relevant standards for safe and efficient operation of the passenger rail services. You will:
- Perform and deliver a range of track maintenance, construction and track protection activities in accordance with Rail Safety, WH&S and quality standards, maintaining the infrastructure to ensure any delays are minimised
- Supervising workgroups as required
- Prepare and operate a range of plant and equipment and provide assistance to other employees within area of expertise including on the job training and coaching
- Utilise experience, knowledge and judgement to provide advice on maintenance and construction works
- Prepare and maintain reports records and incident reports, advise staff of appropriate procedures and safe work practices on methods of work ensuring employee and public safety at the worksite
- Performing work either individually or as part of a team and may, from time to time be required to perform work at a lower level or other work appropriate to the classification
- Contribute to a high standard of customer service for both internal and external clients and to quality and risk management
This role will require you to work a seven (7) day rotating roster including day, night and weekend work.
- Must be able to complete a Category 1 Safety Critical Rail Worker health assessment
- Certificate 2 in Transport & Logistics (rail Infrastructure) OR significant experience in a rail maintenance environment
- Current Drivers' Licence Class C, and MR are essential; Class HR Licence is desirable
- Extensive experience in rail civil and maintenance work or similar, including the ability to apply quality control techniques
- Proven ability to work under broad direction, independently or part of a team, to initiate, plan and deliver programs of work to achieve effective outcomes
- High level experience in efficiently managing resources to develop, deliver, evaluate and improve programs, projects, procedures and standards
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with ongoing training and support
- An opportunity working on an exciting new project
- Based in Adelaide
- Full time permanent position
Several opportunities exist so if you have relevant skills and you want to work with an industry leader to provide a world class service to the people of SA, then please apply now!
The Keolis Downer culture is one of engagement and enablement (we want to know what your ideas are and how we can help you implement them) and with a focus on developing our staff and identifying career pathways and enabling succession for them.
To apply hit "apply now" or if you require information prior to application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note: Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: