Senior Cost Planner - Project Launch
About John Holland
We're all about transforming lives by finding solutions to complex challenges across a wide range of industries including infrastructure, property, rail, building and water projects in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
From the epic, to the intimate, everything we do improves life for someone, somewhere. It gives our business momentum and means we approach things a little differently.
While our competitors talk about what they do, we focus on why we do it. We transform communities to make them easier to move around, more connected and better to live in.
Are you up for the challenge?
This exciting new role will provide support and leadership in setting up, supporting and implementing cost planning systems and procedures to monitor projected costs and quantities of the construction of the project as the design develops during the Project Launch phase, ensuring a strong foundation for project delivery. You will have a passion for getting things right the first time and will be comfortable working closely with senior level stakeholders. The location of this role is flexible, and can be based in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne. Some short term travel will be required to support projects at crucial stages of the launch plan.
- Establishing, supporting and ensuring Cost Planning activities are conducted in accordance with policies, processes, systems and procedures at the project launch phase
- Cost Planning to monitor projected costs of the construction of the project as the design develops, in order to ensure that the final design is within budget
- Liaising with Project Managers and designers for cost benefit analysis of designs options
- Ensuring that the proposed design elements satisfy the brief, constructability, program, cost and quality requirements
- Developing cost plans based on schematic design drawings
- Managing and reviewing cost and design variations, scope changes, and assisting with material take-off's and pricing as required
- Collaborating with project staff in order to coordinate design information flow for the performance of reliable cost planning
- Early identification and monitoring of key design risks and opportunities in conjunction with the Project Team
- Ensuring that stakeholders are actively engaged and beneficial relationships are built between the project and the client, subcontractors, community, and other external parties
- Interfacing with project team, partners, clients, stakeholders, consultants, designers, vendors, and subcontractors as required
- Strong experience in construction cost planning, tendering and/or project delivery across infrastructure, rail and/or building projects
- Multi-disciplinary estimating and quantity surveying experience
- Advanced skills in estimating computer software packages
- Advanced financial management skills
- Experience across varied contract types including Construct Only, Design & Construct, Managing Contract, Alliance, Joint Ventures & PPP
Your success is reflected in ours, so we're committed to being an employer of choice. We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will deliver our long-term success.
We'll do all we can to help you develop your skills, and make a difference, right from the start. We have a flexible workplace and focus on all aspects of your physical and mental health and safety. We want you to be with us for the long-term, so providing you with rich career experiences and ongoing development is our priority.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: