Brefni’s vision is to be a leading infrastructure specialist, who is able to respond to the challenges of any project while making sure we provide our clients with a consistent high quality service. We make significant investments in our plant and our people, and actively encourage our employees to share their ideas wherever they can, whether they work on site or in an office. These ideas have been put to good use on our projects, helping us to make Brefni safer and more efficient. Our ability to deliver projects in this way helps us build and maintain strong relationships with our clients.
We need you:
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join our Sydney team on a permanent basis.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will join the commercial team and undertake the following tasks:
- Provide background assistance in the development of the budget led by Construction Manager & PM.
- Purchase of materials, equipment and consumables including co-ordination of delivery to site.
- Prepare and maintain estimate to complete reports including daily costings and accurate coding for report purposes.
- Reconcile data from accounts department with site records.
- Maintain systems and procedures for contractual requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems and procedures to ensure financial, commercial and contractual requirements are adhered to.
- Collate and assist in the submission of progress claims and follow up on payments.
- Assist the Construction and Commercial Managers in ensuring systems are in place to facilitate the effective control of the various projects.
- Analyse cost and schedule data to identify trends and potential risk areas.
Skills and experience needed to be successful:
- You are degree qualified or have substantial experience.
- You have experience working as a Quantity Surveyor for a civil contractor.
- Experience on projects in the rail corridor is highly regarded.
- You can confidentially deal with subcontractors, manage progress claims and produce variations.
- You will be part of a well-established civil team with a strong pipeline of projects.
- You will be based on a project located in a central Sydney location.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- This is a permanent position.
- Start ASAP!
If you think you fit this criteria please click APPLY NOW
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: