Senior Planner - Perth Based - Infrastructure Works Wa
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Through rapid growth and with the ongoing focus of our business as we look to the 2021 and beyond, Downer are seeking to engage an additional exceptional Senior Planner to support the Delivery & Bids Teams for a variety of major Civil & Rail projects in Perth and the Pilbara.
About The Role
Reporting directly to the Planning Manager, you will oversee and ensure compliance to Downer Planning and Scheduling Standards across the projects within the region. You will also be responsible for:
- Preparation of project programs and baseline schedules
- Resource allocations in the program.
- Manage subcontractors and review construction programmes
- Prepare Staging diagrams and time chainage diagram
- Create project schedule for each job, conversant with project complexity and client requirements.
- Identify schedule related risks and opportunities in the process of program development
- Convert estimate plans and schedules to Approved for Construction status by working along with Project Managers and Area Managers.
- Monitor and provide forecasts and reporting for Project.
- Prepare Project Progress dashboards, identifying causes of delay, Key Milestone tracking, Planned versus Actual, and other customised information for the business visibility.
- Assess the effects of deviations from the project programme
- Communicate delay events and prepare Extension of Time claims with delay assessment.
- Development and maintenance of cost mapping
You will be an excellent communicator that can develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders while supporting Downers ongoing process of continuous improvement and best practice philosophy in all matters relating to program, project scheduling and time management. You will also have:
- Degree/Associate Diploma qualified with post graduate qualification
- Possess extensive experience in Engineering or Construction, as well as on site construction work practices and processes.
- Familiar with estimating and project management implementation and procedures
- Proficient in Primavera P6 project management and scheduling software
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- High level of computer literacy in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to understand and implement contract documentation
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- An opportunity to work on some of the Australia’s most exciting infrastructure projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
- Further develop your skills and professional development
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
If you require further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To register your application; please use the link and apply online. Applications sent directly by email will not be accepted.
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPROACHES
How To Apply
To apply for this great opportunity please click the apply now button
Closing Date: 26 Mar 2021 W. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: