Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
The world needs innovators and problem solvers who turn challenges into greater opportunities. We have an insatiable curiosity about solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea - when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Due to ongoing project success in our Transport market our geotechnical team in Perth have a new opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to help support the growth of the business in the region. Reporting to the Section Leader - Transport WA, the purpose of this role is to provide engineering capability to our project teams including managing risk on proposals and projects.
Here’s What You’ll Need
You will have experience in providing technical input and client focused solutions across a range of projects that may include geotechnical design, technical report writing, managing discipline teams, site investigations, engineering geology and slope risk assessments. You will enjoy working in diverse team which are focused on providing technical solutions to our client’s projects.
Key requirements for the role
- Relevant undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology.
- Either obtained or working towards a Chartered Professional Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience in leadership and working in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound experience in various areas of geotechnical investigation, analysis and design. Experience could include transport infrastructure; slope retention and retaining walls; numerical modelling; tunnelling; slope risk assessment; dam engineering and associated infrastructure (earthworks, foundations, retention systems, slope stability, geological modelling, material parameter development, consolidation and settlement) projects.
- Sound understanding of relevant geotechnical standards and design software within areas of expertise.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills, with an interest to act in technical leadership roles.
- Ability to build & maintain strong client & team relationships.
- Experience in planning and execution of projects and strategies to achieve business goals.
- A strong desire to work as part of wide team and interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions - we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too - from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals - all at a single global company.
Please note If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: