Locomotive Driver/ Trainee Driver - Parkes
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Operations Train Crew
- Multiple opportunities available with essential rail freight provider
- Let us know if you're interested in a permanent, fixed term or trainee position in Parkes
- Forecast rostering 9 days ahead
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
We are currently recruiting qualified locomotive drivers and trainee locomotive drivers for our Parkes location. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the role requires Locomotive Drivers to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe-working qualifications and established operational procedures, in order to meet customer and operational requirements. Drivers will be expected to complete both local and barracks working.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for Pacific National.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork.
To be successful in this role you will need to have strong communication and customer service skills. Other than that you have a high regard for safety and a positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment.
In addition, you will have:
- Current locomotive driver qualifications
- Be available for 24/7 shift work
- A basic level of computer proficiency
- Customer focused approach to your work
- Passion for success and willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities
- Current motor vehicle licence is essential.
Trainee applicants will need to display previous experience working in a high-risk work environment, strong safety attitude and ideally will have operated large machinery in a shift work environment.
Please note that you must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster that includes both local working and barracks working.
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer at full pay following 12 months of service
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on 9th March 2021.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day – Pacific National’s top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.
Advertised: 23 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: