Project Engineer (Civil)
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
The Project Engineer is responsible for providing engineering and coordination for the design, supply, installation and testing of the project. The primary challenge of this position is to ensure the projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner to meet contractual arrangements made with the client.
As the Project Engineer, you will be accountable for:
- Assist the Project Manager with compliance to the documentation required under the CDO Management System
- Review and plan the project with the Project Manager to ensure technical aspects of the job are clear and to become familiar with contractual arrangements made with the client
- Liaise with Construction Manager/Project Manager to ensure the job is on schedule
- Provide a focal point for all technical based queries for associated subcontractors / suppliers
- Provide engineering advice for subcontractors / suppliers
- Overviews the entire project (within disciplines) from an engineering view point while maintaining an open approach to all problems
- Liaise with design and detailing houses as required
- Liaise with the Project Manager and the Project Planner regarding schedule issues and status of activities
- Ensure that the quality requirements of the client are adhered to and that company procedures are followed
- Assist the Project Manager with all procurement and purchases of goods and services
- Perform assessment of risks and hazards involved in tasks and methods to manage the hazards in order to prevent incidents, injury and damage
- Provide leadership, direction, supervision and management to all team members (direct & indirect)
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering
- Considerable experience in the relevant discipline in Civil construction, between $10M and 50M
- Prior sub-contractor management experience and the ability to lead in the completion of key projects
- AS9001 Quality Systems knowledge
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with others
- Previous experience in Water Treatment plant related projects is desirable
- Strong commercial focus / business acumen
This role is based in Launceston Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: