Locomotive Drivers - Kalgoorlie - Multiple Roles Available
Work type: Full Time
Categories: Operations Train Crew
Pacific National is hiring! Multiple full-time roles available. Kalgoorlie depot. Immediate starts
Great opportunity to join a safety focused and committed team. Full-time roles based at our Kalgoorlie site. Immediate starts available!
Pacific National is committed to diversity in our workforce and encourages women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
About the role
We are looking for a qualified Locomotive Driver to join our Kalgoorlie depot on a full-time basis for our Freight operations. The roles report into the Superintendent Linehaul and will be working a 24/7 roster.
Your primary responsibility will be to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with your level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, accountability, integrity and teamwork.
- Proven rail freight locomotive driving experience, or demonstrated history in a similar position
- Cert IV in Train Driving would be advantageous
- Exceptional commitment to safety
- Demonstrated positive and supportive attitude when working within a team environment
- Basic level of computer literacy
- Strong focus on customer needs and requirements
- Willingness to undertake ongoing training and development activities is a must
- A current motor vehicle licence is required
- You must be available and flexible to work a 24/7 roster
- You will support and embrace continuous improvements and change
We value diversity, inclusion, collaboration and the contribution of each of our employees. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Access to mentoring programs
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all employees at full pay
- Novated leasing and discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 90+ sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
We are seeking applicants who share our values: safety, integrity, accountability and teamwork and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
Applications close 7th March 2021
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Advertised: 22 Feb 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 31 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: