Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
In this role you will manage the passenger communications and engagement function across multiple work packages to inform rail passengers and create awareness in the community about impacts and benefits of Metro projects.
You will work collaboratively and build strong working relationships with government authorities, MTM employees, government departments, agencies, authorities and other transport operators to minimise and mitigate project impacts on Metro and other public transport passengers and local communities.
This is a full-time permanent role based in our MTM head office in Melbourne CBD.
- Effectively manage a team of communications professionals across a number of work packages and lead the Metro communications function within Alliances.
- Manage the collaboration with project delivery, occupations, community relations teams and Metro Passenger Experience staff to understand construction phasing and coordinate communication activities.
- Ensure direct reports and wider team are adhering to the communications requirements of Metro passengers (and V/Line and other public transport passengers where applicable), rail stakeholders and the wider community in relation to changes to stations, car parks, rail services and replacement bus operations due to Project works.
- Ensure key stakeholders and communities impacted by project works are communicated with in a timely manner, particularly where planned works are highly disruptive and impact on local roads and / or businesses.
- Provide high level, strategic oversight and advice to Communications team members for project-related matters.
- Provide leadership to the wider Communications team, including recruitment, retention, line management, performance management and professional development.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Community Planning or other related discipline
- Experience on rail or major infrastructure projects
- More than five years’ experience in project communications, stakeholder engagement, issues management, internal communications or related discipline
- Experienced manager/mentor to junior staff
- Demonstrated passenger-centric approach to problem solving
- Ability to influence and develop strong relationships
- Sound knowledge of the Victorian Public Transport system, safety and passenger service
- Strong writing skills with proven ability to deliver communications plans and strategies and utilise a range of communications materials for different audiences, including social media
- Strong negotiation, networking and issues resolutions skills
- Resourceful, creative and well organised
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and within project teams
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: