Stations And People Readiness Manager
Metro is a multi-award winning organisation, and we pride ourselves on our team of honest, high performing professionals who are talented, inclusive and safety focused and who are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a global leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. Our aim is to promote work/life balance, allow team members to bring their best to work and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world-class railway service.
Reporting to the Head of MTP & HCMT Readiness – Ops Readiness, this new position is being created to lead and develop the vision, strategy and planning for Station and Passenger Experience readiness across Passenger Delivery and ensure continuous improvement and risk mitigation in projects and operational transition. This role will be accountable for the Station resource readiness for five new stations as part of the Metro Tunnel Projects.
• Lead the delivery of the end to end process of recruiting and training 350 station staff in readiness for the Metro Tunnel Project.
• Lead the development and implementation of the overarching strategy to enable bringing together of recruitment, training, IR, change and communications.
• Lead reporting on progress of station staff readiness on a monthly basis to key stakeholders across Metro Tunnel Project and Metro Trains Melbourne.
• Manage the Metro Trains Melbourne Station Interface Manager overseeing the Level Crossing Removal Project Station designs and delivery teams to ensure that Metro Trains Melbourne’s standards, policies and procedures relating to Station matters are incorporated into all designs and station functionality is maintained during construction.
• Manage key stakeholders in relation to status updates, risks and opportunities across the Department of Transport and Rail Projects Victoria portfolios.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a business, project, engineering or similar field is desirable
• Extensive experience in rail operations including integration of large rail projects into an existing rail operation.
• Proven experience in managing departmental budgets and financial plans within allocated budget.
You enjoy the challenge of working on strategy in an ever changing, live operational environment. A unique knowledge of how strategic decisions impact how we run our trains equip you to minimise impact on BAU. You understand the importance of balancing stakeholder expectations and needs with the necessity of meeting project requirements. You are experienced in being the conduit between a variety of stakeholders and do not shy away of, at times, challenging conversations.
• A very competitive salary package
• A close knit, high performing team who bring a range of different experiences for you to learn and grow from
• Great coaching and mentoring support from our top leaders in the business
If you are interested in expressing your interest for this position, please submit your application by end of day Sunday 24th January.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the career you've developed to date and take it to the next level by making a tangible impact that matters.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you!
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please do note only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: