Engineers - Parramatta Light Rail
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
Parramatta Light Rail Stage 1 is a design and construct Rail project based in the Western Suburbs at a value of approximately $840M. The project will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way track. This 50:50 joint venture with Downer includes construction of:
- Light rail track, roadworks and stop platforms;
- Transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford; and
- New light rail and pedestrian zones along Church and Macquarie Streets in the Parramatta CBD, and urban design.
CPB Contractors is seeking expressions of interest from experienced and qualified Project Engineers and Site Engineers to address the increased activity across our Parramatta Light Rail project.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor the Project Plan and record progress against the program.
- Resolve engineering issues as they arise.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of daily resource usage where required.
- Generate and follow up with close out of Requests for Information (RFI’s).
- Completion of all relevant QA documentation for scope of works.
- Participate in milestone design reviews as required.
- Review adequacy of all documentation for construction purposes including verification of standards, codes and specifications.
- Personal awareness, understanding and contribution to the Project’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality requirements.
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering / Construction
- Demonstrated success in stakeholder management
- Financial management skills including demonstrated behaviour in reducing costs and meeting budgets
- Construction management and specific technical skills base relevant to program of work and disciple area
- Effective problem-solving techniques and skills especially as it relates to delivery of outcomes
- Experience in analysing and reporting on project performance, compliance and defects and/or non-conformance
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: