Child Care Educator, Ku Ultimo
KU Children's Services
KU Ultimo Children’s Centre , located in the heart of Ultimo and within walking distance from Light rail services and Central Train Station, is a long day care service where children learn through play, and are inspired to continue learning through specialised experiences based upon their interests and motivations.
Rated Exceeding the National Quality Standard, KU Ultimo has a special interest in Resources for Infant Educarers (RIE) Approach, which is an inspired teaching practice for children aged 0-3 years.
For more information, please visit the centre website: https://www.ku.com.au/childcare/centres/kuultimo
KU Ultimo are currently recruiting for two experienced, motivated and passionate educators with Certificate III qualifications to work full time; Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day on a rotating roster accruing one Monthly Rostered Day (RDO) off.
The ideal applicants have experience supporting children aged 6 weeks to 3 years and knowledge and/or an interest in relationship-based practice.
What we are looking for?
We want you to be as passionate about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are. In addition, you will have :
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- A current NSW Working with Children Check
- Recognised Certificate III in Children’s Services or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Current Child Protection Training
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF)
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
Why join us?
KU Children’s Services has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can. KU is a culturally sensitive employer, committed to improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and employees.
To encourage and support your professional journey, KU offers:
- Sector leading employment conditions and pay within well-resourced and environmentally responsible workplaces.
- An outstanding professional learning program which includes access to a wide variety of pedagogical and corporate training workshops, courses and network meetings.
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development.
- Leading edge technology.
- A commitment to innovative and child-focused research on curriculum development and the future innovations and trends in early childhood development.
- Paid Parental Leave for all staff.
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues.
The KU Difference:
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV via the 'APPLY NOW' button.
For inquiries, contact Katie, HR Generalist on 9268 3919 or via firstname.lastname@example.org ( please note: applications are not accepted via this email).
To view other exciting opportunities, please visit our website www.ku.com.au/careers
Degree Level : Certificate III in Early Childhood Education And Care Equivalent
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: