CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
We are currently seeking to engage a Contracts Administrator to join our team based at Dubbo. This is a great opportunity for you to work on the Dubbo Maintenance Facility.
About the Project
CIMIC Group companies Pacific Partnerships, UGL and CPB Contractors, as part of the Momentum Trains consortium, have been selected by Transport for NSW to deliver the $1.26 billion Regional Rail Project as a design, build, finance and maintain contract at Dubbo. The project will commence in early 2019, with the first trains to enter service progressively from 2023. CIMIC Group has led the consortium’s development of the project, with Pacific Partnerships providing leadership and equity financing for the contract term. CPB Contractors will design, construct and commission the maintenance facility at Dubbo, whilst UGL will maintain both the fleet of 117 rail cars and the maintenance facility.
Duties (may include but are not limited to)
- Ensure payment schedules are processed in accordance with the Security of Payment Act
- Measuring and approving subcontract progress payments.
- Undertake monthly financial reports relating to cost and budget.
- Assist with construction claims and dispute resolution matters.
- Monitor any change during the construction phase, assessing effects on cost, measuring values and negotiating any variations.
- Source and execute subcontracts for the delivery of the project with a view to the project’s long-term delivery target.
- Prepare site statements for review and discussion by the commercial manager.
- Be able to understand subcontract programmes and monitor progress and reporting the impact of any discrepancies.
- Ensure site records are retained on a daily basis.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- BSc qualification in quantity surveying, engineering, accounting, law or related discipline
- Prior experience of commercially administering both civil and building packages ranging from $1m-$15m.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of subcontract administration.
- Experience in a similar position in a Tier 1 or Tier 2 Contractor is preferred
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Exceptional negotiation & IT skills
- Confidence and ability to negotiate, influence and develop relationships at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate to advanced competency in MS Office Suite
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: