Senior Safety Advisor
Brisbane Grove, NSW
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB Contractors along with our industry partners has been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package. Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD.
The RIS package is crucial to the overall delivery and success of Cross River Rail, and its integration with the Queensland Rail network. RIS will be delivered by the UNITY Alliance which brings CPB Contractors, UGL, AECOM and Jacobs together with partners HASSEL, RCS Australia, Acemna, Martinus Rail and WIRED Overhead Solutions to deliver the full scope of works over the next five years. This includes:
- Rail civil and electrical works
- Brownfield rail surface works primarily to the north of the tunnel, including an upgrade of Exhibition Station and a major augmentation of Mayne Yard
- Upgrade of six suburban stations to the south
- Rail operational systems works
- Rail signalling works and communication, and integration and commission activities.
You will be accountable for:
- Developing standards to ensure the project complies with WHS regulatory and governance requirements.
- Providing high level safety expertise and advice to the UNITY Alliance staff, workers and subcontractors
- Undertaking serious incident investigations, critical risk reviews, audits, inspections and task observations
- Driving the implementation of the safety management system onto the project
- Supporting and contributing to safety reporting as required
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Experience in complex high risk rail infrastructure construction.
- Must be available to work weekend possessions and night shifts in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Minimum 5 - 10 years' experience in a similar position on a large engineering/construction project.
- ICAM Lead investigator.
- ISO Lead Auditor.
- Conversant with ONRSR Legislative requirements.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
- Proven high-level of stakeholder management, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Extensive understanding in the interpretation of WHS legislation, Codes of Practices and AS/NZS ISO.
- Coaching and mentoring Safety Advisors to ensure a collaborative approach between the SHEQ Team and the business.
- High level knowledge of safety management system techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines.
- Proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across diverse stakeholders.
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment.
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: