People Business Partner
METRO TRAINS MELBOURNE
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) is a multi-award winning organisation and we pride ourselves on our team of high performing talented professionals who are safety and delivery focused, and are at the core of our success. You will be joining an organisation that is known as a leader in its field but also prides itself on being dynamic, embracing new technologies and focused on customer service. We are passionate about promoting work/life balance so our people feel comfortable to bring their best to work, and to truly be focused on a common goal which is to provide a world class railway service.Job description:
Due to MTM’s continued growth in the Projects space, we are currently looking for a People Business Partner to support our Franchisee Portfolio, SERQ and Project Services areas. This is a full-time permanent position with MTM.
About the role:
Reporting into the Senior People Business Partner, the role will partner with the leadership teams of each area in an advisory capacity. To be successful in this role you will help drive and deliver on the full spectrum of People cyclical activities (i.e. performance review cycle, talent management and succession planning, cultural change, change management, employee engagement, diversity & inclusion and service leadership). This role will work in close partnership with the wider MTM business, coaching and consulting with leaders to co-create and deliver effective people solutions, strategies and services.
- Develop effective working relationships in order to advise, influence and challenge stakeholders to deliver their people plans in line with the overall People Strategy.
- Equip managers with the appropriate knowledge to effectively lead and manage their teams. This includes advice on resourcing and onboarding, performance and career development, capability and reward.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management.
- Support employee relations matters to mitigate the financial, legal and reputational risk to Metro
- Maintain organisational structures in line with changes to divisional and financial bottom-line objectives.
- Engage with people leaders on the impacts of new roles, replacement strategies, salary benchmarking, contractor management and maintenance of position descriptions that link back to overall business strategy.
- Communicate and advise on all policies and procedures and implement and analyse impact of policy changes to client groups
- Partner with People Centres of Expertise (CoE’s) teams and the business to identify areas of opportunity and support the delivery of people solutions and requirements
This role is a true business partnering role and will be influential in shaping this exciting phase of the portfolio. You will ideally have:
- Tertiary qualifications in HR Management, or relevant discipline essential.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working within a HR business partnership model
- Experienced in working in a complex business structure
- Experience working the construction industry preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial awards, industrial relations and WorkCover policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience in supporting the implementation and delivery of HR programs and projects
- Good coaching and facilitation skills
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career and make a tangible impact on Melbourne’s rail infrastructure.
If what you’ve read resonates with your values, experience and career aspiration then we want to hear from you. Please submit your application by COB Friday, 30th October 2020.
Metro Trains is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We encourage all interested applicants to apply but please note - only applications with the right to live and work in Australia will be considered for this position.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: