Associate Director - Utilities
Australia - New South Wales, Sydney - AU
AECOM are seeking an Associate Director with strong experience in business development and project management to be a senior figure in our highly successful Sydney Utilities Team.
We are looking for a passionate individual who can help grow the team further through existing and new contacts with key public and private clients and who is a natural multi-disciplinary engineering leader.
As a leader with a client focus and a technical background, you would be responsible for both winning and delivering complex, large scale projects that deliver high standard outcomes for AECOM clients.
Find out more about AECOM's commitment to Inclusion and Diversity here: https://www.linkedin.com/organization/15656/campaign/5be7d284-2c51-48dc-b166-95cae48a957b/
You will have a Civil Engineering background with existing relationships working with government and private sector clients in Sydney.
Your experience will be in Utilities Management, Coordination & CSR across mainly Infrastructure Projects - Road, Rail, Aviation and Urban Development, both for government and contractors, with projects in both Greenfield and Brownfield environments.
Keys parts of the role you will have experience in are:
- Client Interaction - There will be a focus on face to face interactions with clients (both government and private) to deliver on existing projects and to bring invitations to tender on future works.
- Management and mentoring of team - This role will be the most senior member of the team and will take on some management responsibilities in collaboration with the Civil Infrastructure Leader.
- Growth and Recruitment - there are significant growth plans in mind and the successful candidate for this role will be instrumental in the recruitment of employees within the Utilities Team.
You will be an experienced project manager with an understanding of all phases of a development project from planning, through to design and delivery and can demonstrate an ability to liaise with external stakeholders and contractors to deliver positive project outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Extensive years of relevant engineering experience with a particular focus on infrastructure projects;
- Strong relationships with existing clients, potential new clients and a drive to win work;
- Ability to work independently, with a responsible approach to the delivery of engineering outcomes, supervising junior engineers the selection of appropriate techniques, procedures and methods;
- Competent in exercising sound engineering judgement whilst contributing to the design and development of engineering solutions, identifying constraints, opportunities and buildability issues;
- Capable in the planning and organisation of tasks, people, project programmes and fee proposals;
- Proactive management of project financials to ensure planned budgets are met;
- A passion to engage in the creative and innovative development of engineering technology and continuous improvement systems;
- Ability to collaborate within a team environment and proven strength in communicating concepts/ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders; and
- Passionate about training and mentorships of junior team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or similar.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering - Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 228090BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: