Logistics Method Engineer
Logistics Method Engineer-TAUS-AUDG02355667
At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Logistics Methods Engineer in Dandenong, VIC.
Purpose of the Role:
The Logistic Methods Engineer will be responsible of planning the Supply Chain for new and optimise ongoing projects, review of part packaging and development of appropriate delivery racks / containers / crates / Stillages to enable safe and efficient transport, storage, ergonomic handling and optimisation of inventory, defining logistics requirements and supporting total cost sourcing by providing logistics requirements and related cost.
- Collect required information from ERP system, warehouse, purchasing and planning teams and prepare and issue JIT delivery trackers to the suppliers
- Review the part packaging and liaise with the suppliers and internal functions to defining and implementing actions for improvement/optimisation where required
- Planning appropriate logistic tools and equipment and assuring they fulfil all requirements and are available on time for the project
- Improving the terms of contract logistics and negotiating with suppliers, in collaboration with Procurement
- Identifying potential for improvement in the whole value chain
- Design and implementation of packaging crates, trolleys and stillages
- Implementation of best practices used across the industry
- Undertake audits to ensure compliance to specifications
- Ensure that packaging products meet set requirements and specifications
- Technical or business degree, ideally completed successfully with a focus on logistics, lean-manufacturing or equivalent education
- A postgraduate packaging technology qualification is highly regarded
- At least 3 years of experience in a supply chain or logistics role, preferably in a technical environment
- In-depth knowledge of production processes and Lean Production,
- Excellent communication skills to deal with a variety of people
- Good team player who pays attention to detail
- Excellent MS Office skills and fluency in English are essential
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Job: Procurement & Global Sourcing
Primary Location: AU-VIC-Dandenong
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 16.10.2020, 5:28:38 AM
Unposting Date: 15.11.2020, 1:29:00 PM
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: