CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
What can our construction projects build for you?
The purpose of the TasWater Capital Delivery Office (CDO) is to build the capability and capacity of TasWater to fulfil its customer promises for improved service levels by efficiently and effectively delivering an accelerated capital program of works.
The TasWater CDO will deliver:
- Opportunities for people to grow and develop
- Economic benefits and growth opportunities for local industry
- Improved safety outcomes
- Capacity and capability to transition the program back to TasWater post-TasWater CDO
- The necessary framework for emergent projects
Working under the guidance of the Procurement and Contracts Manager to deliver the commercial operational commitments of the business and / or project(s) in accordance with the CDO’s policies and procedures. The Contracts Administrator is responsible for the procurement and administration of goods, materials and services and for ensuring they are of a high quality, provided at the best cost, delivered on a timely basis and managed effectively; minimising risks.
As the Contracts Administrator, you will be accountable for:
- Directly administering contracts in support of project deliverables - ensuring that budgets are met
- Providing ongoing commercial support - ensuring that suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors engaged in support of the project are adhering to the terms under which they were engaged
- Ensuring all commercial activity complies with all CDO policies, procedures and relevant legislative requirements
- Ensuring robust and transparent management of Cost Management Systems
- Assisting Engineers with the preparation and accurate forecasting of costs
- Work in conjunction with planning and construction team to ensure on time delivery of all goods and services
- Proactively continuously monitor and evaluation systems and procedures specific to site works to ensure that they are up to date, compliant and up to date in line with best practice
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Degree or Diploma in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Contracts Administration or similar position
- Strong communication skills (oral & written) including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast-paced environment with multiple and competing demands
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Experience of SAP Software / accounting and associated reporting desirable
This role is based in Tasmania. For those outside of Tasmania, relocation is required. An attractive relocation package will be made available to the successful applicants.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: