Traffic Services Coordinator - Parramatta Light Rail
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The $2.4 billion Parramatta Light Rail will connect Westmead to Carlingford via the Parramatta CBD and Camellia with a 12-kilometre, two-way light rail track. Parramatta Connect (CPB Contractors and Downer EDI Joint Venture) has been engaged by Transport for NSW to complete the construction of the light rail track, roadworks, stop platforms, and transport interchanges at Westmead, Parramatta CBD and Carlingford. Upon its completion the light rail will transport 28,000 people every day to key destinations, new communities and essential services. It is expected to open in 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We currently have an opportunity for a Traffic Coordinator to join our team in Parramatta. You will have a good understanding of civil / road construction work activities in order to support traffic management team during the design and delivery of the project. You will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and updating the Construction Traffic Management Plan and site-specific traffic management plans, including Traffic Control Plans
- Manage the Road Occupancy Licence and Speed Zone Authorisation processes
- Provide technical advice to the design and construction teams for planning and staging road works and road safety and traffic management
- Perform investigations of construction sites and temporary traffic control schemes
- Prepare necessary reports, as well as maintain inspection logs
- Assist compliance reporting for the Traffic and Transport related conditions of approval
- Gain approval for the projects access to the road network for short term work
- Liaise with other projects within area of impact for conflicts
- Co-ordination of short-term road/footpath access requirements
- Qualifications in Traffic Engineering or Transport Planning
- Current RMS accreditation in Design and Inspect Traffic Control Plan (orange card) or Prepare
- Experience in development of Traffic Management Plans and Traffic Control Plans
- Knowledge of relevant RMS and local Council requirements in traffic management
- Ability to liaise with key stakeholders
- Knowledge on traffic systems including RapidPlan and NearMaps
WHAT WE OFFER
- A generous remuneration package and the foundation of a career with stability and continued career development and flexible working arrangement as we continue to expand as a business.
- Highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- A strong commitment to Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- A long-term career opportunity for working with an ASX listed company
If you are enthusiastic and dedicated to establishing and growing your career, we’d love to speak to you! Hit apply now or contact Marie Hetherington for more information at Marie.Hetherington@downergroup.com.
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: