Group Manager, Environment
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group’s construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people. We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic direction, guidance and capability building enabling CPB leadership and project teams to identify and achieve best practice environmental outcomes.
The Group Manager, Environment is a permanent full-time role, reporting to the General Manager, SHEQ & Sustainability, you will be a member of the corporate SHEQ team, based from our North Sydney Head Office. As the head of the environment function within CPB, you will be the central point of contact for environment matters. Your accountabilities include:
- Lead the development and guide the implementation of the CPB environment strategy
- Identification and management of business actions to address industry environmental risks and opportunities;
- Coach & mentor senior line managers in effective implementation of the CPB environment strategy;
- Ensure Corporate Management System compliance with applicable environmental standards, legislation and regulations
- Lead the review and ongoing development of the environmental aspects of the Corporate Management System;
- Lead the development of a robust governance framework and reporting indicators that measure project compliance with CPB’s environmental requirements;
- Facilitate training and engagement activities to achieve widespread understanding of and increased capability to deliver positive environmental outcomes at;
- Regularly consult with internal and external stakeholders on environmental management issue resolution and performance.
- Facilitate and lead internal CPB environment networks and working groups
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in environment, environmental science, environmental management or similar
- Post graduate qualifications in environment highly desirable
- Lead auditor training and/or experience highly desirable
- Construction Industry experience highly desirable
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing environmental issues in a complex organisational structure
- Knowledge of current environment trends within the construction industry
- Sound knowledge of environment legislation
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: