Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for its passenger and freight customers. We have an extensive national footprint with approximately 20 sites across Australia.
Downer Rail a leading name in the manufacturing and maintenance of rolling stock across Australia has an exciting opportunity for a Shunter to join our team based in Auburn.
The shunter will report to the Duty Yard Master and will carry out all tasks delegated to them.
You will work on a rotating roster 24 X 7. (365 day operation)
The main purpose of this role is to execute train stabling plans thereby ensuring that arrivals are positioned relevant to their activities and departure constraints. This will involve liaising with the on –shift Yard Master and/or the Shift Scheduler/MDM for all Rail Vehicle movements at the facility.
The Shunter will also undertake train driving, train preparation and other assigned duties as and when needed.
In addition the Shunter will also be responsible for the organisation of the yard area and rail vehicle stabling to allow all departures to occur as per plan with no delays.
You will be encouraged to identify and raise opportunities for service level improvement or process changes to support goals of the business.
- You must meet the requirements of a Category 2 Rail Safety Worker.
- MUST have experience within the rail or related industry at a similar grade.
- National Units of Competency for Train Shunting and Train Driving will be preferred.
- Must have strong respect for operational rules and procedures and demonstrate zero tolerance for unsafe work practices.
- Have high attention to detail and concentration skills.
- Must be computer literate and have good working skills of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Must have good verbal communication skills and be able to communicate clearly and precisely across two-way radio.
- Maintain productive working relationships with internal and external customers at all times.
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment.
- A strong commitment to maintaining a Zero Harm environment for all our employees and visitors
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity working with an ASX Listed Company
How to apply
For further information please contact, Glenda Chaffey – Recruitment Advisor; Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email, please apply via the link.
Applicants who have recently applied to the role need not re-apply.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medicals and on-going drug and alcohol screening.
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: