Senior Hydrologist/flood Modeller
Senior Hydrologist/Flood modeller opportunity with engineering consultancy in Perth CBD.
Your new company
This tier one engineering consultancy are currently growing their team to meet the demands of a strong and growing pipeline of work that is heavily involved in supporting a wide variety of civil engineering projects including highways, bridges and rail. Reporting to the WA Drainage Lead, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of flood modelling tasks for infrastructure projects, for meeting budget, time-frame and quality targets, and exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and building networks within the industry.
Your new role
As a Flood Modelling Engineer, your day to day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Resolving technical modelling issues and carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines, especially Civil, Structure and Environment to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Providing technical input into design reports
- Ensuring compliance with company systems of the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including maps, reports, specifications and studies
- Support in preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Gaining awareness of commercial aspects of projects (contract, budgets invoicing, client management etc.) relating to projects for which you input into
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have demonstrated experience with Flood Modelling/Hydrology for transport infrastructure. You will be able to work autonomously and support projects across the state.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefit from a number of employee perks including Flexi time/ work form home and huge development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or contact Sarah Hackney on 9486 9553 for more information.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: