Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:77700
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Skilled Labour, Transport & Logistics, Maintenance & Operations
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
We currently have a permanent opportunity for a Support Maintainer to join our Signalling Asset Renewals Team. The base roster consists of an 8-day fortnight, working 9.5 hour days. Candidates will however need to be available to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays.
Whilst the position is based at our Sunshine depot, candidates must be willing to work away from home and travel throughout the State as required to a variety of regional locations.
About the role
- Assist in and carry out, where qualified, the installation, maintenance and repair of trackside systems equipment and infrastructure in accordance with predefined work programs.
- Ensure all work is performed in accordance with WHS requirements, legislative policies, technical and operational specification and standards.
- Maintain records relating to asset condition, maintenance program and costing systems.
- Identify and advise of any exceptions relating to the performance of the asset.
- Report on actual work performed against the scheduled work program and equipment performance and condition irregularities.
- Progress the implementation and application of work procedures and practices in pursuit of ensuring continuous quality improvement.
- Mechanical signalling experience (highly desirable)
- Ability to work in a small team under the supervision of a Systems Maintainer
- Must hold a current Qld Driver’s License
- HR Vehicle Licence would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Apply to position number 77700 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 9 am 29th of January 2020.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email Liam McKeown at email@example.com or call 07 3072 1623. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: