Customer Communications Lead
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:77621
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Customer / Community Service
Based in the heart of our operations centre, this role responsible for disseminating customer messaging across a multitude of channels. By converting our operational world into engaging communications, this role has an impact on everyone using our network every day.
Fast-paced, the Customer Communications Lead will manage a small dynamic team during day to day running of the network and in major disruptions, directly contributing to the customers experience and our whole of business KPIs.
Responsibilities for the role include:
- Develop and deliver customer communications from the Rail Management Centre (RMC), including but not limited to social media responses, internal operational communications, QR media team and Translink liaison.
- Lead a high performing team within the RMC to achieve Queensland Rail's strategic objectives in the area of customer communications, as demonstrated through meeting and developing performance measures and timelines, safety responsibilities and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build relationships with stakeholders across teams and inter-agencies; exploring synergies to maximise customer satisfaction and minimise customer impacts.
- Consistently develop and deliver continuous improvement, whether through targeting business efficiencies or enhanced customer outcomes.
- Develop, design, implement and review the customer feedback strategy to ensure that it supports our customer service charter and Queensland rail's guiding principles.
- Manage the development and maintenance of customer engagement databases and system to ensure the system is timely, efficient and effective in accessing customer service records and provides appropriate analysis and reporting functionality as well as providing support as a point of contact for customers involved with major disruptions across all services and co-ordinate appropriate requirements.
- Communicate to key senior internal and external stakeholders, including CEO, Executive Leadership Team and Ministers Office, to streamline and ensure fit for purpose communications are meeting requirements.
- Are you passionate about customer experience and providing world class communications?
- Do you have a high level of leadership skills in a service environment, and a track record in achieving customer/business KPIs?
- Have you been a part of a complex and fast-paced operational environment?
- Have you worked in Media or Government relations and delivered strategic communications advice?
- Have you led or played a key role in culture transformation?
- Do you have a high level of written and verbal communication skills with focus on writing and/or editing complex business/media correspondence?
- Have you used social media particularly in the areas of influencing, relationship building and negotiation?
- Do you have high level analytical, research and problem-solving skills with a focus on evaluating customers' needs and developing and implementing customer-based solutions?
Commencing salary: $103,995 + shift allowances (Monday-Friday: 12.5%, Saturday: 50% and Sunday 100%) + superannuation + free rail on duty days.
Apply to position number 77625 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Tuesday 28th January 2020.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please phone Anna Nolan on 07 3072 2170.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: