Senior Media Adviser
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:70201
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Marketing / Communications
Queensland Rail is seeking an experienced media relations expert to join its Media team on a permanent basis as a Senior Media Adviser.
Working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, the role involves developing and executing media strategies, organising media events, writing and issuing press releases, handling enquiries from journalists, as well as cultivating relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and skilled media relations expert looking to expand their experience within one of Queensland’s largest companies.
In this role, you will:
- Liaise with journalists on behalf of Queensland Rail and arrange effective responses to media queries
- Coordinate media events and interviews state-wide, including identifying and briefing media spokespeople
- Identify potential and emerging media issues and provide strategic communications advice to the business
- Monitor media coverage and offer media reporting and analysis that helps inform decision making
- Research, prepare and execute media strategies that support Queensland Rail’s focus to provide quality services for its customers
- Support the social media team to prepare highly engaging content for Queensland Rail’s channels
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including journalists.
To be considered for this opportunity you will ideally hold a tertiary qualification in a communications related discipline. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in delivering upon media strategies.
- Well-developed influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in media reporting and analysis
- A positive, energetic attitude and the ability to work within a fast-paced, sensitive environment.
Experience in the travel and transport industries is preferable but not essential.
Starting salary $103,995 super + rail pass (home and duty)
Apply to position number 70281 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume, covering letter outlining relevant experience as well as 2 recent media releases by 12:00pm, Tuesday 28th January 2020.
Please address your application to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 1925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. Please note all candidates will be required to complete a video screen as part of the recruitment process for this role which will include an online written exercise.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: