About the Business and Role
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated and driven leader who will oversee the promotion of safe, healthy and environmentally responsible and accountable operations. In this position you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Port and Rail Operations HSE improvement strategy; the management of the HSE team; liaison with the Corporate HSE team and the provision of technical HSE advice to the business.
This role will have an option of being FIFO from Perth on a 4:3 or residential in Port Hedland.
- Providing visible leadership to the HSE team and promoting a culture of zero harm
- Developing a resource plan reflecting the HSE needs of the business, as well as processes to ensure these needs are met
- Coaching the leadership and HSE team members to ensure ongoing development of the team and recognition of performance
- Assisting in the development of the business HSE Management System
- Championing the Contractor Management System and the Major Hazards Management projects
- Ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of all HSE performance reporting
- Monitoring the implementation of HSE improvement projects and cost reduction initiatives
- Previous experience working in a senior HSE leadership role, ideally within the mining, port or rail industry
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Science or equivalent
- Strong understanding and application of legislative and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and build effective relationships at all levels
- Strategic planning and project management skills with an understanding of budget administration
- Well-developed leadership, coaching and facilitation skills
For more information on the role, the client or the project please click ‘APPLY NOW’ or contact Melanie Chalwell on 0448 147 259 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: