Stakeholder Communications Officer
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:72103
Work type:Temporary - Full Time
Categories:Consulting / Strategy / Projects
Queensland Rail aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
An exciting opportunity exists to join our busy Stakeholder Engagement team. No two days are the same and your development of communication materials will support the delivery of Queensland Rail projects as well as our extensive program of maintenance activities throughout the state.
We are seeking a Stakeholder Communications Officer to develop high-quality external customer-facing collateral and participate in a broad range of communication and engagement activities to support Queensland Rail infrastructure work.
This is a busy role and would be suited to someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and who possesses excellent communication and organisational skills.
A key focus of this role will be to work with work group supervisors and project managers to develop and produce timely stakeholder communication materials to meet Queensland Rail’s community and stakeholder engagement obligations.
You will be required to develop strong relationships with your internal clients and the role may involve site visits and community interaction, where you will need to strictly adhere to Queensland Rail’s safety, environment and community obligations and project site protocols.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the communications team, internal and external stakeholders to develop high-quality communication materials and implement community consultation activities for external audiences impacted by Queensland Rail operations, projects and maintenance activities.
- Contribute to the Stakeholder Engagement team’s support of the business in providing sound advice on communications opportunities and risks, closely monitoring deadlines to ensure communication is effective and timely.
- Support the communications team in the preparation of communication materials for projects, Scheduled Corridor Access programs, rail grinding programs, and general maintenance activities.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communication plans and improve internal processes based on internal and external customer feedback.
- Act as a representative of Queensland Rail at local community events, stakeholder engagement workshops and community presentations.
- Work with the broader Corporate and Government Relations team to contribute to overall media, marketing and community activities.
This role would be suited to someone with a tertiary qualification in marketing, communication or public relations (or similar) or with demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement and communication projects.
Experience in the following is essential:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe InDesign.
- High level of organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to identify processes to develop and manage partnerships and projects, across a broad range of stakeholders.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Substantial level of interpersonal communication skills and the ability to relate well to people at all levels and build constructive and effective relationships.
- Knowledge and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail’s values and behaviours.
This is a fixed-term opportunity until January 2021.The salary for this role is approximately $78,068.57 + Superannuation + Free Rail Travel.
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to position number 72130 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 5.00pm Friday the 13th of December 2019.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Ellie with your specific enquiry via email firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: