Testing And Commissioning Coordinator
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:75758
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Engineering - Electrical, Trade - Electrical / Electronics, Trade - Signals
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
We are seeking a Testing & Commissioning Coordinator to manage signalling system assurance, testing and commissioning processes, railway signalling and operational systems. This is to ensure QR systems are appropriately tested to ensure safe train operations. You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Undertake inspection of the signalling infrastructure under construction, assessing compliance with defined project engineering drawings, standards and specification
- Develop co-ordinated and efficient sequencing of commissioning activities
- Be responsible for the development of appropriate Assurance documentation, Testing and Commissioning strategies
- Manage the processes for production and implementation of documentation required for the test and commissioning plans for railway signalling and operational systems
- Manage and monitor risks or issues that may affect the on-time handover of the Signalling System
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical), or Associate Diploma in Engineering (Electrical), or IRSE Tester In Charge license (or equivalents)
- Strong background in testing and commissioning of signalling and operational systems
- Strong experience in providing technical/professional signal engineering deliverables
- High level of communication, negotiation and stakeholder management skills
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days
Note: subject to the suitability of applicants applying for this role, additional Testing & Commissioning Coordinator positions may become available.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 75758 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Monday the 16th of December 2019. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: