Integration Engineer - Tcs Wireless
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. Downer has five lines of business: Transport and Infrastructure, Mining Energy & Industrial, Rail, New Zealand and Spotless.
Technology & Communication Services, part of the Transport and Infrastructure business, provides an end-to-end communications and infrastructure service offering comprising feasibility, design, site acquisition, construction, integration, operations and maintenance, warehousing, logistics and project management services across fibre, copper and radio networks.
We Develop, Design and Construct, Operate & Maintain:
- Communication networks (fixed and wireless) for Telecommunications, Private & Government Enterprise
- Distributed domestic and commercial New Energy solutions
- Systems/data devices that make cities & homes more connected with smart services
Due to ongoing project success and an increasing pipeline of wireless projects, we are seeking applications from suitably qualified applicants with experience in mobile network site integration and commissioning.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team of designers, engineers and project support team members the primary objective is to audit site integrations and commissioning for the addition of 4G and 5G technologies to new and existing sites.
The role will also require co-ordination and management of field related activities during As Built or Site Audit phases in order to ensure correct build as per site datafill/configuration, and to avoid any customer impacts/complaints due to network performance issues or build errors.
There will also be opportunities for work in other disciplines such as RF, MTX, Site Design or DBoRs; if suitably qualified.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with site integrations in a RIC/NIC
- Expertise in integration script generation and site datafill for 4G/5G
- Expertise in the use of OSS integration tools and MML commands, including consistency checks
- 4G site integration for Huawei or Nokia networks
- Analyse site performance KPIs to identify build issues (faulty hardware, RTWP, PIM, MIMO, swapped feeders)
- Extensive understanding of mobile network Infrastructure, RAN features for LTE and 5G NR, and OSS performance monitoring tools (e.g. call and cell traces)
- 5G site integration for Ericsson or Nokia networks
- Database and programming or scripting skills (Python, Pearl, VBA, SQL, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Australian carriers’ site datafill standards and conventions
- Demonstrated understanding of design, construction and integration of wireless networks
- Knowledge of wireless networks in rail corridors, smart meters, IoT, mining and defence environments, as well as other private LTE networks
- Apply Zero Harm in all activities; attention to detail and zero tolerance for network outages due to configuration errors
- Client focused with application of commercial acumen in all matters
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills for multiple concurrent sites in progress; ability to re-arrange and interrupt work
- Flexibility to collaborate effectively in cross functional teams, adapting to different requirements, clients and colleagues – and achieve strong working relationships
- Perseverance with excellent analytical and problem solving skills, using critical thinking
WHAT WE OFFER
- A highly supportive, team orientated organisation
- The opportunity to work across a diverse portfolio of projects
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- A workplace that takes responsibility and accountability for the care and protection of peers, the business, the communities in which we operate, and the environment
- An opportunity to work for a major ASX listed company
HOW TO APPLY
For a confidential discussion or to seek further information, please contact: [insert Talent and Sourcing Business Partner Name], on [insert number/email address]
To apply for this great opportunity, please click the apply now button.Back to search results
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: