Principal Systems Engineer - Adelaide
About BHP This is an opportunity to take the Systems Engineering experience that you have gained in defence, rail, power, or other sector, into another exciting industry. Our Vision is to enable a fully integrated and highly automated business from resource to market. Achieving this Vision will require significant investment in the development and acquisition of new advanced technology across our equipment, plant and systems during the next five years. BHP's global Technology team comprises dedicated, highly talented and innovative members working together with a focus on identifying and implementing new ways of raising standards and improving productivity, safety and environmental impact. We will continue to embrace new technologies such as decision support analytics, Model Based Systems Engineering, advanced process control, equipment automation, and everything in between to lead our industry globally.As part of our Technology Revolution, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and support, key projects that redefine the way we operate around the world. Your leadership skills and Systems Engineering experience will enable you to guide the team that defines, develops and manages our technology, adding real value, transforming our services, and helping to ensure a safe, smart and sustainable future for our people, products, customers and the communities within which we live and work. About the role Reporting to the Manager Systems Engineering, this role will utilise a mixt of technical and leadership skills. Your duties will include;
- Supporting the design, delivery, test and evaluation, and issue resolution for Technology systems.
- Developing and implementing our Systems Engineering Standard, Guides and Procedures.
- Setting and governing engineering design standards and specifications for the technology blueprint of each asset.
- Management of overall team effort including:
- Allocation of team resources
- Approval of final results
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Resolution of complex issues arising throughout the technology lifecycle
- Support to organisational and technical risk management
- Maintaining strategic vendor relationships
- Optimizing team member performance through mentoring and facilitating professional development, enhancing individual members' abilities to manage their respective technical domains.
- Graduate qualifications in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
- Prior leadership experience is essential.
- A holistic understanding of Systems Engineering fundamentals, including a deep understanding of ISO/IEC 15288 and its application to complex systems.
- Specific experience with the application of Systems Engineering principles in the implementation of complex and highly integrated systems.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working at all levels within internal and external stakeholder groups across operations and functions.
- Experience in transport, defence or heavy industry is desirable (such as mining, manufacturing etc.).
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: