Gibson Desert North, WA
CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
CPB Contractors has been selected by Rio Tinto Iron Ore to deliver the miscellaneous earthworks for the Robe Valley Sustaining project in Western Australia’s Pilbara region. Works are commencing immediately with estimated completion expected 2020
As a Quality Engineer, you will be an important member of the construction team by ensuring the project meets Australian standards and complies with legislative and regulatory requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to work for Australia's largest construction contractor.
The successful applicant will have:
- Degree qualification in Engineering (civil preferred)
- Recent experience in a similar role on large scale resources project
- Ability to actively develop / recommend inspections, sample techniques, quality control plans, process control procedures & test analysis to ensure that products meet specifications and standards
- Experience preparing audit reports summarising production and quality issues together with recommending corrective actions
- Ability to educate stakeholders / line managers on quality benchmarks for the project
- Ability to administer the relevant systems utilised for monitoring and documenting quality issues / actions
- Sufficient experience to be able to provide technical advice / assistance to management for quality-related activities
- Excellent understanding compliance / reporting procedures and processes
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply now.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: