Senior Environmental Planner
STATE GOVERNMENT OF WA
The Public Transport Authority’s (PTA) vision is to be recognised as a leader in providing world-class public transport services and solutions. As a fast growing economy, Western Australia’s public transport system is recognised as the best in Australia and is one of the most efficient, clean and safe networks in the world. Rail transport is vital for our continued success and growth through our many projects including METRONET to meet the public’s needs and expectations. Moving millions of people needs the skill and commitment of a talented workforce.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen working on the METRONET Morley - Ellenbrook line project. We are seeking an experienced Senior Environmental Planner to lead the delivery of environmental and Aboriginal heritage approvals for the project. The successful candidate will manage a small team of environmental experts and consultants to coordinate investigations and develop approval applications and supporting documentation including management plans. They will also provide specialist environmental and sustainability advice on significant issues in the development of concepts and proposals for the Morley - Ellenbrook line project.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in environmental science, environmental management or a related discipline;
- Significant experience in leading environmental approvals for large projects subject to State and Commonwealth environmental impact assessment;
- Highly developed leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and develop staff;
- Proven ability in the engagement and management of consultancy and contract services;
- Proven performance in the preparation and management of budgets and project control.
This is a fixed term opportunity until 15 October 2020 with the possibility of an extension and/or permanency, on a full time basis of 37.5 hours or 40 hours per week. You must be in possession of a valid Western Australian ‘C’ or C-A’ Drivers Licence or equivalent. There is currently 1 position available for an immediate start.
For further information about this position, please refer to the attached JDF. All interested persons are encouraged to contact Miranda Ludlow, Environmental Manager, on (08) 9326 3972 for more information regarding this position.
Alternatively for more information about the PTA, please visit our website at www.pta.wa.gov.au.
How to Apply
Applicants are requested to provide the following:
- A current CV with two work related referees; and
- A written application addressing Selection Criteria 1, 2 & 3 from the JDF, in no more than 5 pages.
Applicants are requested to apply online using the ‘Apply for Job’ button at the top/bottom of the screen. Please complete the attached consent form as part of your application as all PTA positions are subject to ongoing integrity screening. Please note the closing date and time, as no emailed, late or pro forma applications will be accepted.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: