Senior Systems Coordinator
Brisbane City, QLD
We have an opportunity for a Senior Systems Coordinator with team leadership experience to join our Operational Systems Engineering function. Your primary purpose will be to manage the human resources, financial and technical aspects of Operational Systems Engineering across software, database, configuration hardware and engineering consultancies of a diverse range of mission critical computer-based systems as used by Signal and Operational Systems Engineering (SAOSE) customers. These systems include remote control, real time management and passenger information systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise and coordinate team activities so that a high level of efficiency, effectiveness, responsibility and initiative in the application of established work practices and procedures are maintained by the Operational Systems Engineering staff;
- Supervise staff activities with planning, developing, implementing and maintaining the software, hardware and configuration aspects of the supported operational systems;
- Ensure that the formulation and implementation of software engineering standards and procedures for the design, coding, documentation, testing and maintenance is adhered to for the supported computer based systems;
- Supervise the design, development, estimating, maintenance, planning, testing and installation works associated with the supported operational systems hardware, software and configuration elements comply with customer and established quality procedures requirements. The hardware elements include computer systems, interfaces, telemetry and LAN equipment. Focus on both project delivery and system life cycle is required;
- Identify and recommend skill improvements required of Operational Systems Engineering staff. Plan, develop and implement training courses for professional, technical and user staff in the support and operation of developed computer based operational systems (hardware, databases and software);
- Keep abreast of developments in quality systems, process improvement, software engineering, software languages, standards, testing procedures and computer systems and apply these where appropriate to delivered operational systems and contribute to the development of new methodologies. Provide strategic technical direction to existing systems and the Signal and Operational Systems Engineering development environment;
- Provide second line assistance and support to technical/maintenance and operational staff who use delivered operational systems (hardware, databases and software);
- Maintain a working knowledge of the functions of Operational Systems Engineering customers including other Groups and Divisions in Queensland Rail, especially in the maintenance, information technology and traffic operations areas, translate this knowledge into business opportunities and communicate this with the Line Manager.
- High level of skill in team leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communications as well as communicating effectively with clients, contractors and suppliers.
- High level of skill in co-ordinating the development and implementation of software and systems production, testing, simulation and documentation standards and procedures for real time, control and/or supervisory information systems using standard project management techniques and tools.
- High level of skill in undertaking professional work without direct supervision and to exercise initiative in the application of professional practices in taking responsibility for software and systems development and subordinate staff.
- High level of skill in the development of real time multi-tasking systems, remote control and supervisory systems.
- High level of skill with computer languages, development utilities, operating systems and computer systems hardware in real time, control and/or supervisory information systems.
- Substantial knowledge of emerging new technologies acceptable to operational systems to support the attainment of client business goals and the creation of competitive advantage.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems/ Electrical)
- Current (car) driver's licence
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: