Senior Data Scientist
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:77399
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:IT / Telecommunications
Queensland Rail is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
At Queensland Rail we believe safety comes first. Always.
About the role
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will be part of the Portfolio Management team who are responsible for developing and managing the Annual Capital Plan and associated project methodologies and controls. The Portfolio Management team is also responsible for performance reporting, analysis and monthly reporting of a large portfolio of up to 400 projects.
Through the application of analytical processes, stakeholder management, data extraction, manipulation and presentation skills; you will participate and lead the development of Capital Program analytics that aim to efficiently improve commercial, strategic, operational and public transport aspects of project delivery.
You can anticipate some of your daily duties to include:
- Development of advanced performance analytics through the application of rigorous statistical and mathematical modelling
- Assist the development of business reporting, data analysis and decision support systems
- Research and development of advanced program and project KPI models through the study of literature and analysis of historical trends
- Develop new, and complement existing, modelling and analysis that informs business and strategic decisions
- Review, revise and summarise complex technical and theoretical concepts
- Strong experience in executive reporting/presentation and managing large data sets for simulation and data analysis
- High level of skill in the development of models to support both planning decisions and operational performance analysis
- Strong data extraction and manipulation skills using modern programming languages
- High level of analytical, research, problem solving, data analysis and data visualisation skills using software packages (Tableau preferred)
Benefits on offer
- Flexible working options.
- Competitive Salary Packaging.
- Generous superannuation scheme.
- Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment, Video Screen and background checks that might also include Criminal History and Credit Checks.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply.
Apply to position number 77399 via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Monday the 4th November 2019. For more information please call Courtney Webb on (07) 3072 2097.
Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: