Manager Program Improvement
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:77418
Work type:Temporary - Full Time
Categories:Consulting / Strategy / Projects
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Queensland Rail has commenced a three year program of work to embed improved project delivery processes into the organisation. We are seeking a Manager Program Improvement to assist the Portfolio Management Office with portfolio, program and project business improvements. This role would be responsible for managing a team of people to drive the improvement of project delivery, including improvements to governance, methodologies and capability. Queensland Rail has a diverse portfolio of up to 400 projects ranging from small, low risk through to highly complex projects.
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of a transformation journey that has the top level support needed for you to succeed. The successful candidate will have a high level of change management skills and portfolio, program, project and benefits methodology experience. You will be overseeing the delivery of initiatives which have significant reform and change implications for employees who are delivering projects.
- Manage improvement program work stream activities against time, cost and quality requirements.
- Develop and deliver the project Change Management Plan, that involves: - Revisions to existing Queensland Rail portfolio, program, projects and benefits methodologies; - Identifying the future state and transition required for organisational capability
- Leading stakeholder identification, engagement and on-going stakeholder management.
- Manage resources to provide required inputs to associated improvement activities so that affected business areas can agree to and adopt them and input into the new methodologies, tools and templates.
- Manage the interface between the improvement program and business to ensure benefits realisation.
- Managing the Project or Program led readiness activities.
- Manage risks and facilitating the resolution of emerging issues.
This position is a 36 month fixed term agreement based in Brisbane CBD.
Apply to position number 77418 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm Monday the 4th of November 2019
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email via email@example.com with your specific enquiry or call 07 3072 2599. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: