Manager Risk And Assurance Enterprise
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:65163
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
Categories:Consulting / Strategy / Projects
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
Queensland Rail is seeking a highly experienced Risk and Governance functional expert to lead and manage a team of professionals who advise and influence stakeholders across the business. The purpose of the team is to implement, develop and monitor appropriate risk management and assurance strategies to safely achieve critical business outcomes. This role would manage the integration of positive risk management culture within Queensland Rail.
The Manager Risk and Assurance Enterprise role is responsible for providing strategic advice to leadership on risk and assurance issues to mitigate exposure to all risks. To be successful in this position you must have a high level of skill and experience in developing and implementing risk management and assurance frameworks across large and complex organisations. Substantial knowledge of contemporary enterprise risk management and assurance principles will be required in this role.
- Participate as a member of the Risk, Insurance and Compliance leadership team to provide thought leadership and strategic advice on risk and assurance issues to mitigate exposure to all risks.
- Lead and manage risk teams to mitigate the organisation's exposure to all risks.
- Manage the development and implementation of Queensland Rail's overall risk management strategy, maturity and the supporting frameworks, programs, policies, training and plans.
- Oversee projects to develop and implement systems that identify, record, manage and report on risk and monitor the efficiency of these systems and their application to ensure proper implementation and usage.
- Contribute to the development of the organisations Assurance Plan with alignment to Corporate Risks, ensuring the identification, planning and performance of assurance activities across the business is coordinated; and outcomes of the assurance activities are reported to the Board, Executive Leadership Team and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Implement and manage consistency and reliability of quality assessments to ensure the effectiveness of controls in the associated disciplines and company as a whole.
- Coordinate the efforts of risk and assurance practitioners to ensure that there is an integrated and consistent approach to risk management and assurance practices across the organisation.
- Work with the Senior Manager Risk, Insurance and Compliance, continue to develop and enhance the Risk Management and Assurance Framework including the supporting systems, tools and processes and deliver training and education on risk management issues to identify and manage risk.
- Assist the Senior Manager Risk, Insurance and Compliance to report to the Board and Executive Leadership Team on risk management performance and practice throughout the organisation to identify and tackle areas for improvement and the impact of Corporate risks.
This is a permanent full time position based in Brisbane with our Risk Management, Risk and Governance team.
Apply to position number 65163 by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm Monday the 4th of November 2019
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please email via firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific enquiry or call 07 3072 2599. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: