Manager Purchasing & Support
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Apply nowJob no:69062
Work type:Permanent - Full Time
We are seeking a Manager Purchasing & Support to join the Finance Services Team on a permanent basis. This role will lead a team of Purchasing & Support Officers who support the transactional acquisition of goods and services to achieve value for money commercial outcomes.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement and a successful track record of driving and implementing change. As an expert in purchasing practices, you will also have developed strong commercial acumen and an ability to build successful partnerships with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate as a member of the Finance Services leadership team to provide leadership in the strategic and operational management of transactional purchasing in a dynamic and changing integrated passenger and rail infrastructure environment through effective strategy formulation, customer, business partner and stakeholder engagement, financial and commercial excellence, people leadership and change management.
- Lead and develop a highly effective and engaged team by making a strong contribution to achieve the Finance Services team's business targets, objectives, performance measures, safety responsibilities and continually seek to implement business performance improvement.
- Formulate and develop programs of work for relevant transactional purchasing categories using strategies and frameworks to meet business requirements on a whole of organisation level.
- Manage the Purchasing and Support team to deliver sourcing outcomes in agreed timeframes ensuring probity and transparency in all activities while maximising commercial benefits.
- Develop and implement a strategic methodology and approach to transactional purchasing for the operational areas of the business and champion its use at a leadership level across the organisation.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that transactional purchasing and contractual arrangements are approached consistently and in accordance with predetermined frameworks, legislative requirements and delegations of authority.
- Perform opportunity analysis to identify projects that will deliver significant cost savings and value improvement at organisational level.
- Consistently use key enabling tools to develop and maintain a high performing team culture.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate a high level of skill in the leadership, development and coaching of a transaction focused team delivering efficient, timely and accurate services within a large complex business. To be considered you will need:
- Experience in leading and managing the performance of a transactional purchasing team to provide commercial and customer focused services to relevant portfolio areas within the business.
- High level of skill in developing and executing strategic purchasing frameworks and methodologies.
- Demonstrated SAP/R3 purchasing experience (ECC, MM and SRM modules) and commercial acumen when dealing with large scale commercial purchasing transactions negotiations across a range of supplier, commercial and internal stakeholder groups.
- Extensive knowledge of Queensland Rail's policies, procedures and processes with specific emphasis on Procurement, Purchasing and Inventory systems.
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary purchasing practices and systems to influence and contribute to the strategic direction of the Purchasing and Support function.
- Sound knowledge of business process improvement, project management and change management approaches and methodologies.
- High level of influencing, interpersonal, consultation, relationship building and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within Queensland Rail's Values and Behaviours.
Starting salary: $116,425 + super + rail pass (home & duty)
Apply to position number 69062 by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5pm, Monday 4 November 2019.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful applicant to undertake a Drug and Alcohol Pre-Employment Health Assessment.
Please address your application to Rachel Groves, Senior Recruitment Adviser. To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity phone 07 3072 1925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application; we can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: