Senior Procurement And Contracts Advisor
Brisbane Grove, NSW
Senior Procurement and Contracts Advisor
Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line running from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of twin tunnels under the Brisbane River and CBD. It will deliver four new underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street and upgrades to Dutton Park and Exhibition stations. Cross River Rail will unlock the bottleneck at the core of the South East Queensland rail network, allowing more trains to run more often and integrating with new roads and bus services to enable a turn-up-and-go transport system for the whole region. It is a critical public transport infrastructure project which will improve our quality of life, help our economy keep growing, generate thousands of jobs, and activate urban development.
|Occupational group||Accounting and Finance|
|Workplace Location||Brisbane Inner City|
|Job ad reference||QLD/327132|
|Job duration||2 years|
|Contact person||Tali Mackay|
|Contact details||3153 2645|
The Senior Procurement and Contracts Advisor partners with stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet organisational and business objectives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake business needs assessment, supply market analysis and commercial risk assessments to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions
- Develop, co-ordinate and lead sourcing activities to establish supply arrangements that meet business needs
- Assist in contract negotiations in the establishment and review of supply arrangements to deliver value for money procurement outcomes
- Prepare procurement and contracting documentation, including approvals, tenders, evaluation, award recommendations, variations, terminations, etc.
- Assist contract owners in developing contract management plans, negotiate changes and modifications, supplier performance management and compliance requirements through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes
- Assist clients in managing contracts through preparation of variations and serve as a point of contact for contract owners or representatives of those contracts.
- Partner with staff from across the organisation providing high level advice and guidance to build expertise in procurement, provide governance and improve procurement practice and outcomes
- Interface with finance team to ensure contracts and procurement outputs align and adhere to broader finance and risk requirements.
- Identify, manage and mitigate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunity
- Document procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements fully to provide an audit trail for probity and audit purposes
Please ensure you download the position description and follow the instructions on how to apply. Applications close 27 October 2019
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: