Work type: Full Time, Part Time
Categories: Operations Train Crew
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a variety of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running.
We are seeking to hire Locomotive Drivers on a permanent full-time and part-time basis for our Freight NSW business, based at our Parkes Depot. The role reports into the Superintendent Parkes and will be working on a 24/7 roster.
The primary objective of a Locomotive Driver is to prepare, manage and operate locomotives and trains safely in accordance with their level of competency, safe working qualifications and established Pacific National’s operational procedures and agreements, in order to meet customer and operational requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with key internal stakeholders to achieve a 'Delivered In-Full, On-Time' (DIFOT) performance for the Pacific National group.
- Proactively working towards and supporting the achievement of safety goals.
- Provisioning and preparing locomotives for train operations including checking and testing control systems as well as preparing relevant compliance documentation.
- Performing and maintaining locomotive train operations in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- On-going commitment to company values of safety, accountability, integrity and team work.
About your experience
- Cert IV in Rail operations or equivalent is desirable
- Aptitude for mechanical work
- Display a high regard for safety
- Have a basic level of computer proficiency
- Current motor vehicle licence
- Experience with Intermodal Freight highly desirable
- Strong focus on customer service
- Train shunting and marshalling is highly desirable
- You must be available to work a 24/7 roster
- Working in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Flexible work options
- Training and development
- Paid parental leave
- We operate nationally, with approximately 3,500 employees in over 100 sites across Australia.
- We continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Applications close on 4 November 2019.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.
Advertised: 21 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 04 Nov 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: