Head Of Human Resources, Coal
Work type: Fixed Term Contract, Full Time
Categories: Human Resources
Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia.
Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer and based in North Sydney, the Head of HR, Coal is a key senior role within Pacific National’s people portfolio leading a team of HR Business Partners and Advisors.
The Head of HR, Coal and team are partnered with Pacific National’s coal haulage business unit, advising and supporting the business through the application of core HR processes across:
- People Strategy & Acquisition
- Organisational Development
- Reward & Recognition
- HR Systems and performance reporting
This position is being engaged initially on a 12 month fixed term contract basis, with further career opportunities offered within Pacific National.
We are looking for a knowledgeable HR generalist with a breath of experience in complex matrix organisations, preferably with a mix of white and blue-collar employees and exposure to IR frameworks.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about driving people initiatives and empowering and inspiring teams, and will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in Business Management/Human Resources or a related discipline and/or extensive business experience in related fields
- Demonstrated successful experience in managing and leading a geographically dispersed team of HR professionals delivering a high level of service, including management of the team budget
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing a broad range of HR matters including performance management, industrial relations, employee relations, workforce planning, change management, EEO, diversity, organisational development and HR planning
Our culture embraces workplace diversity, collaboration and inclusion and we value the contribution of every employee.. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to the following benefits:
- Opportunities for growth and career development
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to business needs)
- Paid parental leave
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Access to employee assistance program
- Access to female mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, travel, gyms, retail brands, vehicles and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
Applications close on Monday 11th November.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Advertised: 21 Oct 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 04 Nov 2019 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: