Brisbane Grove, NSW
CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
CPB contractors along with our partners Bam, Ghella and UGL have been selected as preferred proponent to deliver two major packages for the Cross River Rail Projects: the Tunnel, Stations and Development (TSD) PPP package and the Rail, Integration and Systems (RIS) package.
Cross River Rail is a new 10.2 kilometre rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 kilometres of tunnel under the Brisbane River and the CBD. The TSD package to be delivered by the Pulse Consortium will deliver underground works and brownfield rail surface works, including:
- Tunnel works from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills
- Four new underground stations at Boggo Road, Woolloongabba, Albert Street and Roma Street
- Rail surface works to enable the southern portal construction
- A third platform at Dutton Park Station
- Asset maintenance and facilities management of the tunnel and four underground stations.
The TSD package also includes an over-station development at Albert Street and an above-ground retail plaza at Roma Street in the Brisbane CBD.
Reporting to the Area Plant Manager, the Ventilation Engineer will sit within the project team. You will coordinate the design, procurement and construction elements of the temporary construction ventilation for the project as well as ensuring ongoing compliance to state and federal legislative requirements. Whilst ensuring safety, time, and cost objectives are achieved.
You will be responsible for:
- Design of the ventilation system based on the project ventilation concept
- Provide technical input for the procurement process of ventilation system components
- Coordination with the engineering team providing the fire engineering brief for construction
- Leading engineering and supervision teams to deliver works in accordance with project ventilation specifications, budgets and schedules;
- Forecasting against budget positions to Project Manager;
- Prepare logic networks to determine the most efficient sequence of work activities and schedule
- Using the agreed activity/ task lists and estimates prepare fully resourced critical path schedules
- Plan and supervise major ventilation changes
- Ensure compliance to appropriate legislation
- Ensuring comprehensive records are established and maintained to assist decision making
- Ensuring the satisfactory implementation of the project management system
- Contribute and assist with occupational health monitoring programs
- Liaise with project and plant teams to ensure integrated solutions
- Generate client and internal reports for progress and to coordinate/schedule the execution of system verification walk downs;
- Maintaining productive relationships with the Project Team, client representatives, sub-contractors, foreman, consultants and the community
Minimum requirements for this role include the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in engineering.
- Previous experience in a similar role on a large construction or mining project
- Previous experience using Ventsim or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Proven understanding of programme management, deadlines and budget controls
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully and autonomously within a fast paced project environment and deliver on deadlines
- Hold proven verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to develop and maintain relationships across diverse stakeholders
- Focus and commitment to a zero harm environment
CPB Contractors is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity and to providing flexible work opportunities at our offices and projects. We support women in construction and Indigenous advancement and participation, and encourage people of all cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: