CPB Contractors is the CIMIC Group's construction company and a leading international construction contractor, with operations across Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea.
Combining the expertise and track record formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, we deliver projects spanning all key sectors of the construction industry, including roads, rail, tunnelling, defence and building.
Our Mission is to generate sustainable returns for our shareholders by delivering projects for our clients, while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
We need people who are talented, motivated and disciplined, and who have a strong work ethic that drives them to succeed.
We are currently looking for a Senior Finance Manager to join our Business Unit.
Based in the Melbourne CBD you will be responsible for developing financial budgets, preparation of monthly performance & analysis reports, setting up and maintaining financial systems & processes and managing the finance and administration functions.
As Finance Manager you will be accountable for:
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of budgets and forecasts for programs and projects.
- Prepare cost and variance analysis in relation to current and/or proposed tenders.
- Liaise with auditors, as required.
- Provide smooth and effective administration.
- Provide timely support and guidance to business and projects, including advising and mentoring project finance staff on best practice financial and administration management.
- Maintain productive relationships with stakeholders in the Business Unit and other finance teams across the Group.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and all relevant Company and Group policies and processes
- Encourage an environment of sharing knowledge and ideas to ensure continuous improvement within the team.
- Perform Month end Duties
Our minimum requirements for this role is:
- Relevant Accounting/Commerce/Finance degree from an accredited university
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants or CPA
- 10 years (or equivalent) post graduate experience/ exposure in Chartered Accounting or commercial environments
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with large ERP systems
- Experience in delivery and accountability within a large scale dynamic budgeting and forecasting environment
- Innovate within the space of governance and compliance to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Advanced communication and influencing skills with the proven ability to effect strategic direction across a broad range of stakeholders both internal and external
- Ability and willingness to adapt, quickly learn and put to use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing structure, process, information and/or technology.
- Demonstrated capability to drive and implement transformational change, while developing the capabilities of a national team based across multiple locations
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: