Food And Beverage Purchasing Officer
Rockhampton City, QLD
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Onboard Service team based in Rockhampton as a Food and Beverage Purchasing Officer. Experience with inventory control, costing and stock management will be highly regarded. The purpose of the position is to procure quality food and beverage supplies for the Rockhampton Store in a timely and cost effective manner. Position Responsibilities:
- Provide food and beverage sourcing in a timely manner in accordance with identified usage, availability and costing information. Make recommendations to relevant stakeholders including communication of product specifications.
- Supervise the running of the Rockhampton Store including stock management and inventory control.
- Analyse, determine and predict levels of stock required on a weekly basis from product usage reports and trends and order accordingly with an emphasis on cost containment.
- Manage the payment of invoices of all food and beverage products and review, resolve and authorise invoice variations using applicable computer systems up to the delegated expenditure authority assigned to this position.
- Audit all food and beverage reports, requisitions and invoices for completeness and accuracy and schedule deliveries in a timely manner to minimise excessive inventories of stock.
- Liaise and negotiate with contractors and vendors for the provision of supplies to the Rockhampton Store that is cost effective while ensuring a high quality of supplies provided.
- Undertake monthly stock takes of all food and beverage products within On Board Services.
- Contribute to the daily maintenance of food safety systems and assist in ensuring that Workplace Health and Safety (WH&S) and food safety requirements are adhered to by catering staff, contractors and vendors.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: